GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
Students wishing to apply for a Scholarship of the Future must:
- Complete and sign the scholarship application form;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be enrolled in a CEGEP program that gives access to university studies in engineering in a Quebec establishment;
- Previous scholarship recipients may not reapply;
- Agree to receive, from time to time, from the Foundation an informational e-mail concerning the programs and/or those of our partners (for example offers of internships, jobs or services).
In addition to the completed and signed form you must also submit:
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency in Canada (the candidate must prove they have lived in Quebec for the past year);
- Official confirmation of your R Score from the registrar of your academic institution;
- A curriculum vitæ (indicating jobs held and extracurricular activities);
- An essay of maximum 500 words on the topic: “The contribution of an engineer to society”;
- A letter supporting your candidacy written by a third party (teacher, employer, coach) highlighting your academic abilities or providing examples of your leadership skills;
Selected candidates must prove that they are enrolled as full-time students at a Quebec university to receive the balance of their scholarship (provide official confirmation from the registrar proving admission to and registration in the engineering program of your choice).
Recipients have a maximum of two years from the date the scholarship is awarded to claim the balance of their payments.
- Leadership, involvement (at school and extracurricular), social commitment (community, volunteering, etc.)
- Quality of the text and presentation
- Quality of the essay on “The contribution of the engineer to society”
- Good academic record
RECIPIENT SELECTION PROCESS
The applications of candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be evaluated by a selection committee based on the evaluation criteria list above.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND PAYMENTS TO RECIPIENTS
The awards of the Avenir scholarships ($ 2,000 each) and the Rio Tinto scholarships ($ 3,000 each) will take place in February and March 2021. All conditions met, scholarship recipients will be notified by email.
Payment will be made in two installments: 25% upon obtaining the scholarship, 75% after enrollment in an engineering program at a Quebec university institution.
The recipient has a maximum of two years from the date the scholarship is awarded to claim the balance of their payment.
The deadline is November 30, 2021, at midnight. Applications that are incomplete or received after this date will be automatically rejected.
Only complete applications will be evaluated by the selection committee.
CHANGES TO THE RULES OF THE PROGRAM
The Foundation reserves the right to change, without warning, the value of scholarships and the rules of the program as described on the present site.
Note: Students’ personal information is used solely to confirm eligibility, select successful candidates and process scholarship payments.