GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
Candidates wishing to apply for a New Generation Scholarship must:
- Complete and sign the scholarship application form;
- Be a member of the Student Section of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Be enrolled in a full-time engineering program at a school or faculty in Québec that is recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec as giving access to the permit issued by the OIQ (see Appendix A at the bottom of this page to view the list of degrees and educational establishments recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec);
- Previous recipients of OIQ university scholarships may not apply;
- Agree to receive, from time to time, from the Foundation an informational e-mail concerning the programs and/or those of our partners (for example offers of internships, jobs or services).
- Be from a First Peoples community of Canada (First Nations, Inuit or Métis).
To apply for a scholarship, candidates must submit all required documents by December 31, 2020:
- The completed scholarship application form;
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency (the candidate must prove they have been living in Quebec for at least a year);
- Proof of full-time enrollment in an eligible institution (provide a certificate from the Registrar’s Office confirming admission and enrollment in the selected engineering program);
- Most recent transcript of grades obtained in university;
- Curriculum vitæ (including jobs held and extracurricular activities);
- A letter of support written by a third party (teacher, employer, coach) highlighting the candidate’s academic standing or leadership skills;
- An essay describing a project carried out over the course of your studies that illustrates your leadership qualities and social commitment – maximum 800 words.
- Leadership, involvement (academic and extracurricular) and social commitment (community, volunteering, etc.)
- Professionalism (values demonstrated through the project presented in the essay. Integrity, respect for others, etc.)
- Excellence of the application
- Quality of the essay and presentation
The applications of candidates who meet the requirements will be analyzed by a selection committee according to the evaluation criteria mentioned above.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND PAYMENTS TO RECIPIENTS
Les remises de Bourses Relève présentées par CIMA+ (3 000 $ chacune) et celles des Bourses WSP (4 000 $ chacune, remis par le partenaire) auront lieu en février et en mars 2021.
Recipients chosen by the selection committee will have to prove that they are still enrolled in an eligible engineering program on that date.
Payment will be made in a single installment when the prize is awarded.
The scholarship application form must be submitted electronically no later than December 31, 2021 at midnight.
Only complete applications will be evaluated by the selection committee.
CHANGES TO THE RULES OF THE PROGRAM
The Foundation reserves the right to change, without warning, the value of scholarships and the rules of the program as described on the present site.
Degrees and educational institutions recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
List of diplomas recognized in accordance with section 1.21 of the Regulation respecting the diplomas issued by designated educational institutions which give access to permits or specialist’s certificates of professional orders.